Historic Images of Coweta County Georgia and Newnan

Heart of Newnan Motel 25 Lagrange Street


SCV Camp 1729 Sharpsburg Sharpshooters March 23, 1999

Oaks Motel Newnan in better days
Selling Cotton In Newnan
Newnan, early 1900s. View of several homes located on Greenville Street.
Newnan, early 1900s. Interior of Newnan Jewelry Company located on East Broad Street. It was owned by W. T. Cole.
Welcome, ca. 1954. Western School, which was built ca. 1953-1954. The previous structure had been destroyed by fire in 1949.
Newnan, ca. 1960. Men eating possum at a possum eaters convention.
Newnan, ca. 1902. View of part of the business district, which shows East Court Square. John R. Cates Drug Company
Moreland, July 4, 1976. Group of citizens cooking brunswick stew in large black pots for the annual barbecue.
Coweta County, ca. 1952. People eating at a barbecue held at the Veterans' Club located on U. S. Highway north of Newnan.
Coweta County, 1920s. Group of students in front of Starr High School. The school was located at the intersection of Ga. Highways 16 and 54
Belk-Gallant downtown Newnan Georgia. Christmas toy display with Belks "Big Boy" wagons 1954.

1961 MAYTAG washing machine Ad~Mrs Roy Neely Newnan GA bride bought 1936






1960s Holiday Inn Motel The Great Sign Newnan GA Coweta Co Postcard Georgia

Ice Storm College Street Newnan, GA 1904


Coweta County Map 1867